General Consultancy for OFSDP (IDP-173)
The Contract Agreement for Employment of General Consultancy for OFSDP (IDP-173) was signed between Orissa Forestry Sector Development Project and a consortium of 3 partners, Nippon Koei Co., Ltd., Japan, NR International Ltd., U.K. & Sutra Consulting Pvt. Ltd., India on 22nd October, 2007. GC started its services on 13th December 2007 for 3 years with a total of 39.64 man months for International experts and 159.71 man months for National experts.
|Name & Address of the 3 firms in the Consortium||Name of the Authorized Representative|
|Nippon Koei Co. Ltd.,
2 Kojimachi,4-chome, Chiyonda-ku, Tokyo 102 -0083, Japan
||Mr. Seiji Koyanagi|
|Natural Resources International Ltd.,
Park House, Bradbourne Lane Aylesford Kent, ME 20 6 SN, UK.
||Mr. Jayesh Bhatia|
|Sutra Consulting Pvt. Ltd.,
Ground Floor, N-2/63, IRC Village, Bhubaneswar - 751012, Odisha, India
||Mr. Alok Acharya|
Description of the Services:
- To provide technical assistance to the Project Executing Body (EB) in process improvement, specifying procedures for project implementation at Project Management Unit (PMU), Divisional Management Unit (DMU), Field Management Units ( FMU) and at VSS Levels.
- To procure required individual experts in different fields specified in ToR under approval of the Employer.
- To provide assistance to EB in organizing State/ National level and International training, exposure visits of EB Members.
- To assist in procurement of requisite accessories such as equipments, vehicle required for project implementation.
5. Any other services as may be agreed between the Employer and the Consultants required for the implementation of the project.
Key Personnel engaged in General Consultancy:
|1. M.G. Gogate||Team Leader / Community Development Specialist|
|2. Nagendra Acharya||Capacity Development Specialist|
|3. Pranab Choudhury||Livelihood Improvement Specialist|
|4. Hemendra Singh Panwar||Biodiversity Specialist|
|5. Ranjan Mallik||Geographical Information System ( GIS ) Specialist|
|6. Shalabh Bharadwaj||Monitoring & Evaluation ( M&E) / Management Information System ( MIS) Specialist|
|1. Shinichiro Tsuji||Community Development Specialist |
|2. Dr. Keith Shawe||Biodiversity Specialist |
|3. Naohiro Matsui||Mangrove / Coastal Management Specialist |
|4. Tomohito Shibayama||Monitoring and Evaluation ( M&E) Specialist |
Field Level Experts engaged at DMU level
|Sl. No.|| DMU|| Name of the FLE|
|1|| Baliguda ||Arun Kumar Behera/ Charan Maharana|
|2|| Rayagada|| Ashok Kumar Panda/ Laxmidhar Nayak|
|3|| Koraput|| Deepak Kumar Mishra|
|4|| Bhadrak/Balasore|| Gopal Ch. Mohapatra|
|5|| Phulbani|| Nirodha Kumar Jena/ Nishikanta Jena|
|6|| Angul|| Om Prakash Routray/ Bikash Samantaray|
|7|| Parlakhemundi|| PaminiMurali Mohan|
|8|| Keonjhar|| Trilochan Ray|
|9|| Deogarh|| Sanjay Ku. Patro/
Deepak Kumar Tripathy|
|10|| Rourkela|| Aditya Kumar Mishra|
|11|| Bonai|| Bijay Kumar Sahu / Debabrata Pati/
Amiya Kumar Dash|
|12|| Jeypore|| RamakantMohanty/
Anjan Kumar Panda|
|13|| PMU Bhubaneswar|| Bijay Kumar Sahoo|
The details of the services by the project consultant:
- Provide support in preparation of the Project Procurement Procedures, Manual based on the Project's established procurement parameters and the JBIC's procurement rules and guidelines. Assisting EB in monitoring and management of VSS and SHG. Also, review and improve the Operation Manual and VSS Management Manual. The consultant is also responsible for preparing other manuals and guidelines, included but not limited to the follows:
- M&E guidelines
- MIS manual
- SHG formation and functional guideline
- IGA implementation guideline
- Training guideline
- Phase-out / Phase-in guideline
- Develop a database of service providers in the areas of bio-diversity, institutional development, M&E, Livelihood, etc. procurement process of the bids, and provide support in the selection of the shortlists and pre-qualification of suppliers (Staff, consultant, hardware, etc. ) where necessary.
- Assisting EB in procurement of contractors, individual experts, Provide support in preparation of JBIC'#39;s customized Bidding Documents and Request for Proposals (RFP) including standardized Forms to be used for local contracts in Orissa.
- Assisting EB in designing Annual planning Scheduled, Reliable System of Reporting formats for Monitoring financial and physical accomplishment from the field and disbursements of fund to the field.
- Designing a computerized project management ( CPM) system providing for a breakdown of project tasks according to various participating agencies, scheduling of tasks on annual basis, determining milestones for project tasks, identifying bottlenecks in implementation and assisting EB to overcome it.
- Installing the CPM and MIS in all programme districts and training the programme staff to implement the system.
- Designing a participatory evaluation (M&E) methods which enable participants to assess their progress, track the impact of their actions and revise their strategies accordingly
- Designing a list of indicators for performance monitoring consistent with programme objectives. The methodology and tools to measure each indicator are to be developed.
- Assisting EB in undertaking periodical and mid term evaluation and reviews
- Viewing analyzing, and recommending improvements in existing related policies, manuals and guidelines
- Assist EB in designing training scheduled for stakeholders
- Provide assistance to EB in researches studies, publicities and information dissemination in India and Japan
Project Implementation at the field level.
- Assist DMU and FMU in establishing baseline data and GIS base data
- Provide technical assistance to DMU and FMU in survey and mapping, community organizing, community development, MIS and other related activity of EB
- Provide assistance to target village selection through the analysis of data collected vis-à-vis the pre-determined selection criteria and indicators.
- Provide assistance and guidance to DMU/FMU/NGO in community development and micro enterprise development.
- Assisting EB in Monitoring the performance of NGO, contractors, survey and mapping contractors, contractors for training and other services.
- Provide technical assistance in biodiversity conservation and mangrove / coastal management.
- Assist in designing capacity building modules, procedure and process with necessary software for capacity building for different stakeholders.
- Provide assistance for supervision and management of works.
Procurement of Vehicles, GIS, other equipments
The Consultant will assist the PMU in procuring requisite accessories such as Vehicles, equipment.
National and International Training
The Consultant will plan and organize State / National and International training for PMU/DMU/FMU staffs in consultation and with approval of PMU.
The cost of both for State / National and International training is estimated in the Appendix F of which quantity and frequency are tentative and may be changed by the Employer between State and National, and National and International Trainings.
In addition to this the consultants will serve as General Management Consultant to the OFSDP and will operate from an office at Bhubaneswar and will make required experts available for discussions/consultations at the OFSDP Project Management Unit or as may be required by the Project Director or the Project Officials duly designated by him.
For effective and efficient consultancy services, the Consultants shall provide advisory services by two Senior Experts, one International and one National, once in 4 months at the cost of the Consultants.
Nippon Koei Co., Ltd. ( NK)
|Remuneration ||139,020,368 || ||15,344,800|
|Direct Cost ||29,960,940 || ||20,514,136|
|Price Escalation ||2,018,692 || ||1,071,064|
|Total ||171,000,000 || ||36,930,000|
|Total ( Eq. INR) ||59,375,000 || ||36,930,000|
|Grand Total ( Eq. INR) Exchange Rate: 1 JPY = 2.88 INR. ||96,305,000|
| || || || |
National Resources International Ltd. ( NRIL)
|Remuneration ||66,000 || ||29,010,000|
|Direct Cost ||20,170 || ||8,933,250|
|Price Escalation ||2,530 || ||1,136,750|
|Total ||88,700 || ||39,080,000|
|Total ( Eq. INR) ||7,105,757 || ||39,080,000|
|Grand Total (Eq. INR) Exchange Rate: 1 GBP = 80.11 INR.
Sutra Consulting Pvt. Ltd.
|Remuneration || || ||
|Direct Cost || || ||27,723,000|
|Price Escalation || || ||2,372,000|
|Total || || ||46,740,000|
|Contingency ||0 ||0 ||5,512,420|
|Grand Total (Respective Currency) ||171,000,000 ||88,700 ||128,262,420|
|Grand Total (Eq. INR) ||59,375,000 ||7,105,757 ||128,262,420|
| || || ||194,743,177|